Mladost ended Recco’s 24-game winning streak as they managed to force an 11-11 draw in an incredible finish
A spectacular game of water polo was played in round 3 of the European Champions League between Mladost and Pro Recco.
Mladost was in front for most of the game and seemed to have a realistic chance to beat the favorites, but Pro Recco’s left handers, Filip Filipović, Gonzalo Ečenike and Dušan Mandić ensured that their team remained in the game.
Mladost had the ball 7 seconds until the end of the game, with scores tied at 10 apiece. A turnover foul gifted the Italians one more chance and after their time-out they made the most of it as Dobud forced a penalty and Dusan Mandic converted it to make the score 10-11 with 3 seconds on the clock.
Than a spectualr play followed, as the new rules came into full effect. Milos Cuk attempted to shoot from a foul from almost half way. His defender was excluded and the ball fell on the 6 meter line. Kozmin Radu took the opportunity and scored the goal, as Pro Recco’s defense stood in shock.
Milos Cuk was on fire the entire game. He sent the crowds in delirium, when he scored his 3rd goal to even the game to 10-10.
- Olympiacos Piraeus (GRE) v Jadran Carine Hercceg Novi (MNE) 8-7
- Jug Adriatic Osiguranje Dubrovnik (CRO) v Spandau 04 Berlin (GER) 12-7
- Zodiac Atletic Barceloneta (ESP) v Szolnoki Dozsa (HUN) 14-10
- Sintez Kazan (RUS) v Jadran Split (CRO) 16-11
- HAVK Mladost Zagreb (CRO) v Pro Recco (ITA) 11-11
- FTC-Telekom Budapest (HUN) v CN Terrassa (ESP) 17-11
- , Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) v A Hid-OSC Budapest (HUN) 8-14
- CN Marseille (FRA) v Waspo 98 Hannover (GER) 8-7